Twining was enlisted to provide the District with the initial Geotechnical Investigation Report for a planned project that is anticipated to include an approximately 10,000-square-foot new gymnasium and performance arts building with associated improvements. The objectives of our study were to evaluate the subsurface conditions at the site and to provide geotechnical recommendations for the design and construction of the proposed project and its scope. This project falls under DSA jurisdiction and our report was submitted to the California Geologic Survey (CGS) for review.
In the development of our report, Twining performed the following tasks:
- Task 1 – Reviewed Background Information and Site Reconnaissance
- Task 2 – Coordinated and Performed Field Exploration
- Task 3 – Performed Percolation Testing
- Task 4 – Performed Geotechnical Laboratory Testing
- Task 5 – Conducted Engineering Analyses
- Task 6 – Prepared Geotechnical Report
- Task 7 – Provided a Post-Report Consultation and Design Review
Our final report provided the district with our evaluation of the subsurface conditions of the site, a description of the seismic and geohazards at the site, and geotechnical engineering recommendations for the proposed improvements, including recommendations for foundations and earthwork.
This report was submitted to and accepted by the District.